Sunday, February 7, 2010

Because Tuna Tartare isn't easily accesible in the desert...

I love Ahi, it is so rich and buttery, and it pairs perfectly with avocado. I used to eat a spicy tuna roll at least once a week... then we moved to the desert and my sushi choices became very limited and at least 25 miles from my home. *SOB* But the other day I needed something that reminded me of fresh tuna, so I got to thinking... canned tuna + avocado + plus a soy based vinegarette just might tide me over for a little while. It might not be fresh caught Ahi, but it was really tasty! In the words of my husband "You took a can of tuna and actually made it tast good." Thanks for the compliment, honey.

1 can tuna, drained
1/2 an avocado, cut into bite size pieces
1 tbs pineapple juice
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 green onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbs olive oil
2 wontons, fried until crisp

In a bowl, mix pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, onion, and garlic, whisk in oil until blended. Add tuna and avocado and stir gently to combine. Arrange wontons on a plate and top with tuna. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment