Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cheddar Bacon Biscuits

Little man and I spent the weekend at my sister in law's house recently while the big boys went on a sailing adventure. The morning they came home they were exhausted and starving, so I whipped together these yummy biscuits based on my Cheddar Thyme Biscuits.

2 1/2 c Bisquick
1/2 a stick of cold butter, chopped into pieces
3/4 c milk
6 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces and fried until just crisp
1 c cheddar cheese
Honey or real maple syrup

Preheat oven to 400. In a mixing bowl, use a fork or pastry blender mix together Bisquick and butter until butter breaks up into pea size bits. Mix in milk, cheddar, until just blended. Stir in bacon. Drop onto a an ungreased cooking sheets in about 2 tbs portions. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops of biscuits have browned. If desired, drizzle with honey or maple syrup (it's good, I promise!).


No comments:

Post a Comment